Homework is any work or activity which students are asked to do outside lesson time either on their own or with parents or guardians. Homework should not prevent students from participating in an activity after school such as sports, music or clubs of any kind. Students should plan such activities to allow time to complete homework.The purpose of homework is to:
- Encourage students to develop the confidence and self-discipline to work on their own, an essential skill for adult life.
- Consolidate and reinforce skills and understanding.
- Extend school learning.
- Enable students to devote time to particular demands such as project work.
- Support the home/school relationship.
- It is the student's responsibility to be aware of assignments and to seek further explanation if needed.
- The student will organize his/her time to work on assignments.
- The student will turn in assignments on time.
- The work will reflect his/her best effort.